TXRC hearing 8/29/2014
3 days ago|
- The hearing is set to begin at 10:30 a.m., the meeting agenda including consideration of a controversial rule to allow slot machines can be found here.
- Yesterday, Representative Matt Krause filed a lawsuit to stop commissioners from voting to expand gambling via rule making.
- Krause’ request for a restraining order scheduled to begin at 9:00 a.m. was originally to be heard by Sen. Brian Birdwell’s brother. This morning Judge Birdwell recused himself.
- As of 10:40 a.m. the hearing on the issuance of a restraining order was on going.
- Sources indicate that a temporary restraining order is unlikely to be issued today but may be issued before the rule takes effect.